Ravello at Orchard Hills by New Home Co.

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
Stacked cabinets is a must for my wife. It boggles my mind that they upgraded some cabinets to glass door and didn't do stacked cabinets.
Similar situation - my wife prefers cabinets that go to the ceiling because she shudders at the idea of how much dust & whatnot accumulates on top of cabinets with a gap between their top & the ceiling. I personally like the look of cabinets that go to the ceiling (within reason of course). I can get if someone sees it as a "want" to have, not a "need" to have, given the additional cost. But at the near $5M price point... sigh...

Similar situation - my wife prefers cabinets that go to the ceiling because she shudders at the idea of how much dust & whatnot accumulates on top of cabinets with a gap between their top & the ceiling. I personally like the look of cabinets that go to the ceiling (within reason of course). I can get if someone sees it as a "want" to have, not a "need" to have, given the additional cost. But at the near $5M price point... sigh...
That's the main reason for my wife as well, but she also likes the look of cabinets that go to the ceiling also. There are certain upgrades that my wife is willing to pay for and stacked cabinets is one of them. The other one is waterfall island. And really nice countertops. We have quartzite for the island and quartz for the rest of the kitchen countertops. Quartzite for the entire kitchen would be too expensive. :cry:

That's the main reason for my wife as well, but she also likes the look of cabinets that go to the ceiling also. There are certain upgrades that my wife is willing to pay for and stacked cabinets is one of them. The other one is waterfall island. And really nice countertops. We have quartzite for the island and quartz for the rest of the kitchen countertops. Quartzite for the entire kitchen would be too expensive. :cry:
I agree, cabinets that go all the way to the ceiling is a must at this price point! I believe the Ravello homes built by IP had the cabinets that go to the ceiling as standard and it seems like the builders that took over Ravello and Cielo from IP are offering them as an upgrade which is ridiculous at this price point. IP seemed to be more generous in terms of materials, quality and fit and finish in their homes than the new builders.

I agree, cabinets that go all the way to the ceiling is a must at this price point! I believe the Ravello homes built by IP had the cabinets that go to the ceiling as standard and it seems like the builders that took over Ravello and Cielo from IP are offering them as an upgrade which is ridiculous at this price point. IP seemed to be more generous in terms of materials, quality and fit and finish in their homes than the new builders.
Actually, Cielo by IP did not have stacked cabinets as standard. In the Cielo model homes, only Plan 1 has stacked cabinets. Plans 2 and 3 only have regular cabinets. And I remember talking to Azul sales lady when it was still built by IP and she said that Azul doesn't even give buyers the option to upgrade to stacked cabinets.

Even with $253k of builder upgrades, the original buyer couldn't even be bothered to pay up for cabinets that go to the ceiling. Sigh...
I feel like it’s more cosmetic and not practical. I have cabinets to the ceiling and it’s all empty. Not everyone wants to pull up a step ladder to grab stuff from there.

In Azul (groves) it was not an option. They changed cabinet companies from their typical vendor (south coast cabinet). The IP lady said it was a struggle in other communities with production/delay issues so they stopped offering it.
Anyways, the vendor they used was Hartmark so we contacted them to do some after market stuff but they rejected the project. Later supposedly, IP fired them or they went bankrupt (?), can’t remember. So our cabinet warranty issues were serviced by another company.

Back