ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
It’s still all about range. 150+ to 300 really doesn’t matter. Either is more than enough for in town commute and either requires planning to get were you’re going on a road trip.

Plenty of charge spots along the route to Phoenix or Mammoth. Phoenix route though they’re usually busy though. Don’t know how quick turnover is on the long haul superchargers. Don’t know how the Model three does with real world drop off on I10, 80 MPH and AC dogging the 110F-115F blazing sun. Reports say 327real world to “0%”, but their test was 70MPh and 60F. Does Tesla drop the AC when battery falls below 20% or is that just for remote climate prep? Really wouldn’t want to be 20 miles out from Blythe with the AC turning off, as a mileage feature. My Bolt, 60-70-80 drop off very noticable.

those sales come at a very steep price, too steep in my opinion🤷🏽‍♂️😳😂😂😂🦄🌈

Losses double​

If you merely glance at Ford's first-quarter results, you'll see just how much of a drag its EV unit, Ford Model e, was on results. Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) for Ford Model e in the first quarter checked in with a $1.32 billion loss. A source told Bloomberg recently that Ford's losses per EV topped a staggering $100,000 during the first quarter, which was reportedly more than double the loss per EV last year. One issue is simply the high costs -- including batteries, which remain one of the largest costs of EVs. Ford will need to scale its EV production to help lower costs.

For context, Ford Blue, which is the automaker's traditional gasoline-powered-vehicle business, posted an EBIT result of $905 million -- more than offset by its staggering EV losses. Further, with demand lacking, Ford's Model e posted a 20% decline in wholesale units and an 84% decline in revenue during the first quarter, compared to the prior year.

Despite its moves to pull back on its EV ambitions, Ford expects its Model e unit losses to reach up to $5.5 billion as it continues to weigh down the company's bottom line. One of the key issues is that while Ford has slashed thousands in costs from its EVs, it's also had to slash prices to stay competitive in the market that includes Tesla's aggressive pricing strategies.

What it all means​

There's no question that Ford's EV ambitions have weighed on the company's results, and 2024 will be another huge loss even if it checks in on the better side of $5.5 billion as estimated.

Buy appreciating assets, rent depreciating ones.

But if you really want to buy, lease an EV, get the discounts/rebates/credits and then buy it out.

But tech is EV moving so fast... don't get laser eye surgery if your vision is still changing.

Buy appreciating assets, rent depreciating ones.

But if you really want to buy, lease an EV, get the discounts/rebates/credits and then buy it out.

But tech is EV moving so fast... don't get laser eye surgery if your vision is still changing.
Then you should never buy a car or boat or any durable good…they ALL depreciate. Like I have said…leasing is for suckers who cant afford it or are college kids. Once they took away the write off it’s just glorified renting…nothing more.😂😂😂🦄🌈

Back