Costco

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
Costco is not that friendly to the single folks out there. Sure, I can stock up on the paper towels, TP, and LCD televisions but I won't even think about buying the perishables to us households of one.

Does anyone buy the Kirkland clothes? Like I can't imagine myself wearing a pair of Kirkland jeans...

<em>"You've got the look I want to know better. You've got the look that's all together. Working, playing. Day or night, Kirkland has the look that's right. The Kirkland look. The Kirkland looook."</em>

[quote author="reason" date=1250213893]

Ok, lets debate. Which is thicker, Kirkland or Bounty paper towels? Haha.</blockquote>

Absorbance and thickness can be measured, and a quick analysis shows that Kirkland is a better deal when factor in the two parameters.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1250213996]Costco is not that friendly to the single folks out there. Sure, I can stock up on the paper towels, TP, and LCD televisions but I won't even think about buying the perishables to us households of one.</blockquote>
Single folks need Costco when they have parties.

I like how this thread is diverting...I have comments on both areas -

1. Lasik - I got my lasik done at age 22 and it lasted me a good 8 years. Once my eyes started slipping, it seems like my vision's been slipping pretty fast. I wear contacts again. I know it's time for a touch-up but I'm just a little hesitant. BUT i will say that I was very happy and satisfied with it until a few years ago - no problems whatsoever. The Mr. just had lasik done and loves it.

2. Costco---ahhh costco. I love and loathe that place. We compared the price of paper towels and tissue paper between costco and walmart and costco keeps coming out a winner, especially when they have the mailer coupons. We prefer Bounty but have been more open to the different clothing detergents from Costco - we used to only buy Tide but it's just way more expensive for no clear reason. We also regularly buy vitamins from there. We do what others are suggesting - compare labels and if there's anything that looks different, we reconsider. Most times we've found that the Kirkland brand is pretty much the same as the name brands. (But I still buy Opti-free!).

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1250214010]Does anyone buy the Kirkland clothes? Like I can't imagine myself wearing a pair of Kirkland jeans...

<em>"You've got the look I want to know better. You've got the look that's all together. Working, playing. Day or night, Kirkland has the look that's right. The Kirkland look. The Kirkland looook."</em></blockquote>

Does Kirkland underwear count?

[quote author="PANDA" date=1250215766][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1250214010]Does anyone buy the Kirkland clothes? Like I can't imagine myself wearing a pair of Kirkland jeans...

<em>"You've got the look I want to know better. You've got the look that's all together. Working, playing. Day or night, Kirkland has the look that's right. The Kirkland look. The Kirkland looook."</em></blockquote>

Does Kirkland underwear count?</blockquote>
As Astute Observer said:

<blockquote>

Absorbance and thickness can be measured, and a quick analysis shows that Kirkland is a better deal when factor in the two parameters.

</blockquote>

i have a pair of kirkland linen cargo shorts. their dress shirts and wool dress pants are actually of very good quality. only reason i haven't bought them are because the cuts aren't very flattering.

even for a single guy I still go through their milk, egg whites, and 18 pack of eggs pretty fast. I also regularly get movie tickets there. I used to get polos for work until they switched to those nike dry fit ones, I miss the 100% cotton ones.

in addition to those the usual food and toiletries the past month I have also bought Wild Rivers Tickets, changed my monthly 24 hour pass to thier prepaid one, and i'll probably be getting a new ipod when they are released in a few weeks.

ooo and the 100 gift certificate for 80 bucks to lucilles! yummy!!

I've also bought one of their cheap $35 fishing poles that includes a kit of all the plastic worms at Costco. I've probably caught some of my best fishes on this pole.

ANyone tried clear care contact lense solution? Using it for some months now after using B&L for several years .B& L was so stingy that my eyes would turn red then I checked reviews and got to know it was boric acid that was causing the sting .Clear care neutralises to a saline solution so it is very comfortable when you put the lenses on. Not so sure abt opti free though.I think now onwards I will stick to clear care.BTW costco also sells them.

I've always been a Sam's Club person since my old home town didn't have a Costco. How do they compare? I'm starting to think Costco might be better.

[quote author="reason" date=1250206077]I tried organic tomato sauce. Yuck!</blockquote>

Funny, the last organic tomato sauce I tried was pretty dynamite. I was pissed when I figured it out.

(N_V doesn't do organic).

Have any of you tried NOT going to Costco? My life is a bit simpler since I stopped. My aunt worked for Costco and I got a free card for the last ten years, she retired and the card doesn't work anymore. Granted, it was actually too far away for me anyway, but I've found that I'm getting similar (and sometimes better) prices just getting the things I used to buy there at Target. Maybe I'll actually pay for the privilege of buying things there again sometime, just not now.

I shop at costco max 6 times a year, because it's convienent and because on certain stuff they are way cheaper.

I needed a pork shoulder last weekend and they had them for $1.19 a pound.

[quote author="tmare" date=1250236818]Have any of you tried NOT going to Costco? My life is a bit simpler since I stopped. My aunt worked for Costco and I got a free card for the last ten years, she retired and the card doesn't work anymore. Granted, it was actually too far away for me anyway, but I've found that I'm getting similar (and sometimes better) prices just getting the things I used to buy there at Target. Maybe I'll actually pay for the privilege of buying things there again sometime, just not now.</blockquote>

I agree. I feel like I way overspend when I go there. Plus, I can't seem to go there without getting suck into getting pizza and churros. I'm definitely a Target lover.

[quote author="dcoffield" date=1250228239]I've always been a Sam's Club person since my old home town didn't have a Costco. How do they compare? I'm starting to think Costco might be better.</blockquote>
I go to Costco every Tuesday after work to stock the fridge, and I go to Sam's club maybe once every 2 weeks, only because Costco is alot closer than Sam's (or Taget) for me. I became a Sam's member only because they once had a rolling tool chest that Costco didn't (yet) have. For refrigerated/frozen foods I'm pretty indifferent...a lot of the same products, and lots of similarities in products that aren't exactly the same. For fresh produce I think Costco has a better selection. Sam's is geared to small biz, so they have a better selection of catering/cleaning/office items. I always stop in the automotive/tool aisles to make sure I can still count on one hand the number of things I don't yet have ;). I used to find the choices in these aisles equally appealing in both stores, but lately it seems Costco has been moving away from the small stuff (wrenches, drill bits, pick sets, pry bar sets, etc) and moving more to larger items (pressure washers, shelving, generators, etc). Overall I think Sam's has a wider variety of items. As for prices, I've seen lower prices in both stores on some things, but it kind of seems like Costco is cheaper overall. To be honest I don't really look at prices much for weekly stuff. If I need it, I'm going to buy it, rather than spend time going somewhere else.

Back