Costco

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
[quote author="optimusprime" date=1250206653][quote author="PANDA" date=1250205518][quote author="caycifish" date=1250204382]1) Just do LASIK. It's the hawtness. Dry eyes for a bit, but worth every penny.

2) Saline solution is saline solution. I went off the Opti-free years and years before I did the LASIK, when I noticed that I could buy saline in the first-aid section for a lot cheaper, and I was fine.</blockquote>

Seriously. Of all the money I've spent on Opti-Free Contact Solution over the years, I probably could of gotten LASIK by now. The thought of eye surgery scares the crap out of me though. Caycifish, can i ask how much it cost you per eye to get your LASIK done?</blockquote>

I am not Caycifish but...I did Lasik about 5-6 yrs ago and it was a good experience. You really only have 1 day of discomfort.

The price of the procedure can range anywhere from $500 each eye to a few thousand on each. It all depends on how your eyes are. Just go to one of those free consultation ..there the doctor will map out your eye to see how your vision is and how your cornea is etc You will be surprised, some people cannot do it.

As for the procedure, it's really quick and easy. Probably 30 seconds tops for each eye. The rest of the day is hit or miss...some people can see instantly and have no issues w/dryness and some (like me) just went to sleep cuz their eyes were super dry. The next day is the best feeling :)</blockquote>

Ok Optimus that sounds great and all, but what happens if i reach the age of 45 and suddenly my eyes don't work?

[quote author="PANDA" date=1250206982][quote author="optimusprime" date=1250206653][quote author="PANDA" date=1250205518][quote author="caycifish" date=1250204382]1) Just do LASIK. It's the hawtness. Dry eyes for a bit, but worth every penny.

2) Saline solution is saline solution. I went off the Opti-free years and years before I did the LASIK, when I noticed that I could buy saline in the first-aid section for a lot cheaper, and I was fine.</blockquote>

Seriously. Of all the money I've spent on Opti-Free Contact Solution over the years, I probably could of gotten LASIK by now. The thought of eye surgery scares the crap out of me though. Caycifish, can i ask how much it cost you per eye to get your LASIK done?</blockquote>

I am not Caycifish but...I did Lasik about 5-6 yrs ago and it was a good experience. You really only have 1 day of discomfort.

The price of the procedure can range anywhere from $500 each eye to a few thousand on each. It all depends on how your eyes are. Just go to one of those free consultation ..there the doctor will map out your eye to see how your vision is and how your cornea is etc You will be surprised, some people cannot do it.

As for the procedure, it's really quick and easy. Probably 30 seconds tops for each eye. The rest of the day is hit or miss...some people can see instantly and have no issues w/dryness and some (like me) just went to sleep cuz their eyes were super dry. The next day is the best feeling :)</blockquote>

Ok Optimus that sounds great and all, but what happens if i reach the age of 45 and suddenly my eyes don't work?</blockquote>

There's no guarantees....i'll probably have the procedure done again when I am 45.

If yours don't work then oh well..you are the 2% that go blind. Sorry man.

[quote author="JoonB" date=1250206259]I go to Costco and get their organic milk and their contact lens solution. No problems with the contact solution.</blockquote>

For some of you regular Costco shoppers what items do you purchase on a regular basis?

This is what Panda buys:

We get the 18 pcs Organic Eggs for $3.99. You can't beat that price

Organic 3pc Milk for $9.99 <- this one is a little pricey

2 bottle of Optifree - $18.99 <- begging Ms. Panda if we can switch to the Kirkland brand which only costs $4.99.

35 Ice Mountain bottled water for $4.99 < Awesome deal!

1 Watermelon <- I swear, Costco has THE BEST Watermelons. I can finish one watermelon every week.

Blueberries, Rasberries, Cherries. etc.

Hmmm am i missing anything?

Switch to Kirkland contact solution... I'm sure that it is probably made by the same company and if it were harmful to your eyes... Costco's lawyers would not let them sell it.

I only have one qualm with Costco... we are not Jon+Kate=8... so perishable food items tend to get wasted and we need that 3rd car garage to store the toilet paper, paper towels and mega packs of non-perishable goods.

However... they are awesome for our snack days at our kids' school. GoGurt for 32 kids? No problem.

[quote author="caycifish" date=1250204382]1) Just do LASIK. It's the hawtness. Dry eyes for a bit, but worth every penny.

Question about LASIK. After, do your eyes deteriorate over time eventually requiring glasses again?

[quote author="dcoffield" date=1250208602][quote author="caycifish" date=1250204382]1) Just do LASIK. It's the hawtness. Dry eyes for a bit, but worth every penny.

Question about LASIK. After, do your eyes deteriorate over time eventually requiring glasses again?</blockquote>

Yes. Your eyes get reset and will get worse w/age etc. Some people get a good 10+ yrs before their eyes start getting weaker etc

[quote author="optimusprime" date=1250208819][quote author="dcoffield" date=1250208602][quote author="caycifish" date=1250204382]1) Just do LASIK. It's the hawtness. Dry eyes for a bit, but worth every penny.

Question about LASIK. After, do your eyes deteriorate over time eventually requiring glasses again?</blockquote>

Yes. Your eyes get reset and will get worse w/age etc. Some people get a good 10+ yrs before their eyes start getting weaker etc</blockquote>

Case and point, Tiger Woods:

<a href="http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1621439,00.html">http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1621439,00.html</a>

<blockquote>

Tiger Woods was once so nearsighted he said he would be considered legally blind without glasses or contacts. He had Lasik surgery in October 1999 after the Ryder Cup, won the Disney Classic in his first tournament back and has done fairly well since.

He realized this spring it was time to do it again.

"My vision started slipping," Woods said after The Players Championship. "I was getting headaches from squinting all the time."</blockquote>

This is what I get *every* week, with very few exceptions.

1, Kirkland tissue paper

2, Kirkland paper towel

3, 2% milk, the really cheap brand

4, soy milk, 3 pack, vanilla favor

5, 18 eggs, the white, cheap type.

6, banana and/or blueberries and/or watermelon

I usually get enough AmEx rebate money to pay for an execute membership fee every year.

[quote author="optimusprime" date=1250208819][quote author="dcoffield" date=1250208602][quote author="caycifish" date=1250204382]1) Just do LASIK. It's the hawtness. Dry eyes for a bit, but worth every penny.

Yes. Your eyes get reset and will get worse w/age etc. Some people get a good 10+ yrs before their eyes start getting weaker etc</blockquote>

I've wondered if it would be worth it for me, approaching 50 and needing new prescription every 1.5 years. Plus the whole reading glasses / bi focal issue...

[quote author="dcoffield" date=1250209337][quote author="optimusprime" date=1250208819][quote author="dcoffield" date=1250208602][quote author="caycifish" date=1250204382]1) Just do LASIK. It's the hawtness. Dry eyes for a bit, but worth every penny.

I've wondered if it would be worth it for me, approaching 50 and needing new prescription every 1.5 years. Plus the whole reading glasses / bi focal issue...</blockquote>

One thing to note...it may not get rid of your need for reading glasses or bi-focals. That's something you should speak to the Doctor about during a consultation.

[quote author="optimusprime" date=1250209734][quote author="dcoffield" date=1250209337][quote author="optimusprime" date=1250208819][quote author="dcoffield" date=1250208602][quote author="caycifish" date=1250204382]1) Just do LASIK. It's the hawtness. Dry eyes for a bit, but worth every penny.

I've wondered if it would be worth it for me, approaching 50 and needing new prescription every 1.5 years. Plus the whole reading glasses / bi focal issue...</blockquote>

One thing to note...it may not get rid of your need for reading glasses or bi-focals. That's something you should speak to the Doctor about during a consultation.</blockquote>

At 53 I still use disposable Contacts. I use BiFocal Ones. Even new Multi Focal ones available. Going to give those a try next. I have a few horror stories on the Lasik from friends. And yes Lasik Procedures wears out. Seems like my prescription has stabilized now.

But really stared going downhill from 25-35. Lost all my distance vision back then.

[quote author="Astute Observer" date=1250209295]This is what I get *every* week, with very few exceptions.

2, Kirkland paper towel

</blockquote>
You use that many paper towels in a week? Do you use them to dry yourself after you shower every day?

A Kirkland mega pack of paper towels usually lasts us a few months. It irritates my wife because it takes up almost the entire floor space in the pantry.

[quote author="Astute Observer" date=1250211010]IHO, is it suffice to say that we have a few more than just a married couple living in the house?</blockquote>
Ahh... I got you.

You must be saving up TONS of money:

How do ethnic buyers have such a large downpayment?

<a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/5887/">http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/5887/</a>

Not saying you're ethnic... but is sounds like a multi-generational household... or Jon+Kate action.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1250210424][quote author="Astute Observer" date=1250209295]This is what I get *every* week, with very few exceptions.

2, Kirkland paper towel

</blockquote>
You use that many paper towels in a week? Do you use them to dry yourself after you shower every day?

A Kirkland mega pack of paper towels usually lasts us a few months. It irritates my wife because it takes up almost the entire floor space in the pantry.</blockquote>

What the f?? There's Kirkland brand paper towels? I just came back from Costco and got the Bounty brand. My wife is going to kill me.

[quote author="reason" date=1250213027][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1250210424][quote author="Astute Observer" date=1250209295]This is what I get *every* week, with very few exceptions.

2, Kirkland paper towel

</blockquote>

A Kirkland mega pack of paper towels usually lasts us a few months. It irritates my wife because it takes up almost the entire floor space in the pantry.</blockquote>

What the f?? There's Kirkland brand paper towels? I just came back from Costco and got the Bounty brand. My wife is going to kill me.</blockquote>

Agreed! Kirkland brand is the way to go so we can all save a little more for our down payment.

[quote author="PANDA" date=1250213451][quote author="reason" date=1250213027][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1250210424][quote author="Astute Observer" date=1250209295]This is what I get *every* week, with very few exceptions.

2, Kirkland paper towel

</blockquote>

What the f?? There's Kirkland brand paper towels? I just came back from Costco and got the Bounty brand. My wife is going to kill me.</blockquote>

Agreed! Kirkland brand is the way to go so we can all save a little more for our down payment.</blockquote>

BTW, what's the price difference between Kirkland paper towels vs. Bounty? I just bought Bounty for 18.99.

[quote author="reason" date=1250213568][quote author="PANDA" date=1250213451][quote author="reason" date=1250213027][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1250210424][quote author="Astute Observer" date=1250209295]This is what I get *every* week, with very few exceptions.

2, Kirkland paper towel

</blockquote>

Agreed! Kirkland brand is the way to go so we can all save a little more for our down payment.</blockquote>

BTW, what's the price difference between Kirkland paper towels vs. Bounty? I just bought Bounty for 18.99.</blockquote>

I'm not sure... we buy Bounty too.

[quote author="PANDA" date=1250213782][quote author="reason" date=1250213568][quote author="PANDA" date=1250213451][quote author="reason" date=1250213027][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1250210424][quote author="Astute Observer" date=1250209295]This is what I get *every* week, with very few exceptions.

2, Kirkland paper towel

</blockquote>

BTW, what's the price difference between Kirkland paper towels vs. Bounty? I just bought Bounty for 18.99.</blockquote>

I'm not sure... we buy Bounty too.</blockquote>

Ok, lets debate. Which is thicker, Kirkland or Bounty paper towels? Haha.

Back