coronavirus

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
eyephone said:
A child under 18 has died from the coronavirus in California, Los Angeles County health officials announced Tuesday.

"Tragically, one of the people who died was a person under the age of 18, a devastating reminder that COVID-19 infects people of all ages," Dr. Barbara Ferrer, director of the County of Los Angeles Public Health Department, said at a news briefing.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/24/los...d-under-18-has-died-from-the-coronavirus.html

@Mety - the virus does not just effect old people

eyephone said:
eyephone said:
A child under 18 has died from the coronavirus in California, Los Angeles County health officials announced Tuesday.

"Tragically, one of the people who died was a person under the age of 18, a devastating reminder that COVID-19 infects people of all ages," Dr. Barbara Ferrer, director of the County of Los Angeles Public Health Department, said at a news briefing.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/24/los...d-under-18-has-died-from-the-coronavirus.html

We all know. Your point is?

Mety said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:

That you said it effects only the elderly.
We need to get serious about this.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:

We need to get serious about not getting confused.

I don't think anyone here ever said it only affects elders. We all said, including you, Covid-19 is "more lethal" to elders. That DOES NOT mean it doesn't effect young people. It's just less likely. Please don't practice what those fake news medias do on us. Fake news medias take only a portion of what someone said and make it as if that's the only thing that person said. Please look at the WHOLE context.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:

We need to get serious about not getting confused.

I don't think anyone here ever said it only affects elders. We all said, including you, Covid-19 is "more lethal" to elders. That DOES NOT mean it doesn't effect young people. It's just less likely. Please don't practice what those fake news medias do on us. Fake news medias take only a portion of what someone said and make it as if that's the only thing that person said. Please look at the WHOLE context.

Haha. The fake media exposed this virus, the fake media exposed Wells Fargo scandal (people were getting charge fees for accounts they did not know they have) Blame it on the media.

You are lucky to live in America where there is freedom of press. Some places edits/control the media like China.

Mety said:
FAKE NEWS. eyephone, I hope you're not serious.

I am looking out for everybody best health.
Do not be Judas and turn your back on others.
Be a disciple of Jesus and help one another.

I know I have been a bit of an alarmist on the topic so far, but I'd welcome any contradictory argument with valid data and I am open to being persuaded to a brighter outlook.

As of now, we have 706 deaths over 53740 confirmed cases. Which is a 1.3% mortality ratio. What if, we have only 10% coverage on testing and another 90% (~500k) souls are just carrying Corona (virus, they can drink any beer they like) and partying on the beaches? Never tested, never counted, not showing any symptoms. The mortality rate drops 10x.

What if we have only 5% coverage on testing. The situation becomes even less dire and starts to look more like flu.

We already know that we have done a crappy job with testing. We just don't know how crappy.

In light of our capitalist greed mentality and presidential buffoonery, it is not too hard to imagine that we have 5% or less testing coverage.

Cornflakes said:
I know I have been a bit of an alarmist on the topic so far, but I'd welcome any contradictory argument with valid data and I am open to being persuaded to a brighter outlook.

As of now, we have 706 deaths over 53740 confirmed cases. Which is a 1.3% mortality ratio. What if, we have only 10% coverage on testing and another 90% (~500k) souls are just carrying Corona (virus, they can drink any beer they like) and partying on the beaches? Never tested, never counted, not showing any symptoms. The mortality rate drops 10x.

What if we have only 5% coverage on testing. The situation becomes even less dire and starts to look more like flu.

We already know that we have done a crappy job with testing. We just don't know how crappy.

In light of our capitalist greed mentality and presidential buffoonery, it is not too hard to imagine that we have 5% or less testing coverage.

The only real way we were going to prevent complete economic devastation was suppressing and containing the virus, by doing tracing, testing, and quarantine.

So, I don?t think you are being an alarmist.

TI, especially without fortune and Irvinecommuter, leans heavily Rebublican/conservative/pro-trump.

On TI, I don?t see much of any criticism of Trump missing the crucial window of opportunity to suppress and contain, when we had low number of COVID-19 case.

Instead, we are arguing and debating whether to sacrifice grandma for the Dow.

Kenkoko said:
Cornflakes said:

The only real way we were going to prevent complete economic devastation was suppressing and containing the virus, by doing tracing, testing, and quarantine.

So, I don%u2019t think you are being an alarmist.

TI, especially without fortune and Irvinecommuter, leans heavily Rebublican/conservative/pro-trump.

On TI, I don%u2019t see much of any criticism of Trump missing the crucial window of opportunity to suppress and contain, when we had low number of COVID-19 case.

I brought up that Trump axed/significantly reduced the funding for the CDC.
They can have 20 members that are conservatives but I punk them all day everyday. They like to run and hide.

Bill Gates predicted this in 2015. Do you think that businesses will open again... or do you trust Bill Gates?  Copy the two urls together below to watch Bill Gates

http://www.youtube.com                                    /watch?v=6Af6b_wyiwI&t=4s

not Sure why any discussion around Coronavirus eventually gets politicized. It?s obvious that you don?t cripple life as we know it to save for a virus with the same death rate as the flu. The 1.2% death rate is based on testing levels that are not representative of reality. The only way we avoid a complete economic collapse is by not quarantining people and getting back to work. We should have never quarantined people anyway. 

People in the US have been getting sick since at least December. The healthcare system is getting overwhelmed because idiots just want to know if they have the virus or not and go to the ER. Who cares about the test. It doesn?t change your outcome.

qwerty said:
not Sure why any discussion around Coronavirus eventually gets politicized. It?s obvious that you don?t cripple life as we know it to save for a virus with the same death rate as the flu. The 1.2% death rate is based on testing levels that are not representative of reality. The only way we avoid a complete economic collapse is by not quarantining people and getting back to work. We should have never quarantined people anyway. 

People in the US have been getting sick since at least December. The healthcare system is getting overwhelmed because idiots just want to know if they have the virus or not and go to the ER. Who cares about the test. It doesn?t change your outcome.

That last paragraph is simply not true.

Kenkoko said:
Cornflakes said:

So, I don?t think you are being an alarmist.

On TI, I don?t see much of any criticism of Trump missing the crucial window of opportunity to suppress and contain, when we had low number of COVID-19 case.

Because, media and news outlet already done a good job pointing out his mis-steps. He is not in synch with medical experts over the coronavirus crisis and if he ultimately put out the order for lifting restrictions for back to normal, which won't be normal, and outbreak counts and death push up much higher, it will make him doom even more. But hey, shit already hit the fan, let it fling it around a bit faster with the blades run at full speed.

Back