Who bought the 2010 home?

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
On another topic, did anyone who bought the 2010 collection use a buyer's agent? Or did u all handle everything on your own?

The problem with the 2010 Homes is that there is currently no co-op for buyer's agents... so they would either be doing the work for free or you would have to pay them to help you.

Yes, I am aware that they are not paying the buyer's agent commission, therefore I was wo ndering if anyone who bought bothered hiring an agent of their own, or does anyone think it is necessary.

irvinehomeowner said:
The problem with the 2010 Homes is that there is currently no co-op for buyer's agents... so they would either be doing the work for free or you would have to pay them to help you.
TIC would have sold the homes that much faster if they offered a co-op for buyers agents.

PPBABA said:
Yes, I am aware that they are not paying the buyer's agent commission, therefore I was wo ndering if anyone who bought bothered hiring an agent of their own, or does anyone think it is necessary.
Not necessary at all.  I've been a buyer's agent on 2 new home sales and there's almost no work to be done because the builder takes care of everything.

OCReg said:
The two projects outside Irvine among the top 10 hottest sellers are The Olson Co.?s Mosaic Walk townhomes in Garden Grove and Centex Homes? PebbleCreek houses in the Riverbend development in Orange.
And they are number 8 and 9.

Yeah... Irvine isn't different at all.

I wish they broke down the percentage of when those sales occurred. It appears the pace of sales has slowed down a ton.

You know how I have derived this information? The rate of posts on this sub-forum have dropped!

I got an email from Carmel inviting all the people who bought in for a "Meet your future neighbor" party. So I'm guessing they are pretty much finished selling Carmel.

LAtoOC said:
I wish they broke down the percentage of when those sales occurred. It appears the pace of sales has slowed down a ton.

You know how I have derived this information? The rate of posts on this sub-forum have dropped!
Sales may have slowed down, but I'm not sure if it's a ton. It could also be due to some neighborhoods have sold out and also the fact that The Irvine Company keeps raising prices every phase.

I was skeptical TIC could sell 700-800 homes but it looks like they are on pace to sell more than that since they've opened up another 'hood in WB, another one in PS and 3 more in the all-new Stonegate East.

iRvine is the iPhone of homes... no matter how much other people hate them... and how expensive they are... TIC is still selling them.

irvinehomeowner said:
LAtoOC said:

Sales may have slowed down, but I'm not sure if it's a ton. It could also be due to some neighborhoods have sold out and also the fact that The Irvine Company keeps raising prices every phase.

I was skeptical TIC could sell 700-800 homes but it looks like they are on pace to sell more than that since they've opened up another 'hood in WB, another one in PS and 3 more in the all-new Stonegate East.

iRvine is the iPhone of homes... no matter how much other people hate them... and how expensive they are... TIC is still selling them.
Yeah but unlike the newer iPhones where they keep getting better, the new TIC homes keep getting worse in terms of a smaller lot size, motorcourts, higher mello roos, higher prices, etc (aka getting less but paying more for it). 

Heh... if you've read recent reports... there seems to be more issues with this release of an iPhone than the prior ones combined.

It's all relative... there are better phones than the iPhone out there... but people will still buy an iPhone... just like Irvine.

And the irony is not lost on me that BK's wife waiting in line for 7 hours to buy him an iPhone. What does he keep saying about sheeple? Baaaaaaa!

irvinehomeowner said:
Patrick Star said:
But remember, there is no guarantee TIC will offer the driveway after Montecito II.
Man... first they take away my 3CWG and now my driveway?

2012 Home Collection: Garage-LESS SFRs for $1mil+

I think the empty lots next to Sonoma are 5000+ sq ft.  They should be classic SFR with full driveway and maybe 3 car tandem garage.  Of course the price will be well above $1mil.

Patrick Star said:
If you are hurry, there might still be time to be added to the guest list of the next "meet your neighbor lunch".  Good luck.  Hope to see you on the "Who bought the 2010 Home" thread soon.

IHO, please let me know about the lunch party.  Since I have "Paid" for the lunch, I want to get my money's worth and eat some food.

Seem like Carmel did quite well, I was there on Saturday and all of phase 9 but one have been sold and they are opening up 38 more lots in the south east corner of Woodbury next to Sonoma.

That is surprising considering the prices and what you get.

I guess my dreams of a newer 3CWG in Irvine at less than $750k have gone the way of the platypus and the dodo bird.

So the new ones will be right next to Sonoma bordering where the Sonoma models are?

The sales guy at Carmel said it will be off Keystone, and the optional bonus room will become standard and they will up the price accordingly. So yeah... our children will not know what a 3 car garage look like...

Man... maybe I should just a buy a few 3CWGs now... they're going to be like collector's items.

"And to your left, the BK-hated, IHO-loved 3 car wide garage."
"Momma... what's a garage?"
"It's where we used to park cars and store junk."
"What's a car... and why did they store junk instead of eat it or make it into clothes like we do?"

PPBABA said:
The sales guy at Carmel said it will be off Keystone, and the optional bonus room will become standard and they will up the price accordingly. So yeah... our children will not know what a 3 car garage look like...

So if they are off of keystone who will be in the lots betwen the new Carmel and Sonoma?

If you count the number of lots visable with the satellite view on google maps, there are about 63 next to Keystone.  I wonder if Carmel will use all of those?

Back