Thinking of buying in Portola Springs. Few questions…

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
I dunno... I've biked in that area many times and I don't smell anything. Drive on Warner on the way to Costco and right near Jamboree you can get a whiff of garbagio.

Stop spreading misinformation about the landfill smell in PS. The smell blows toward Eastwood and Stonegate, not PS. The Santa Ana wind blows west and southwest and PS is mostly south (and even southeast) of the landfill.
lol, stonegate and eastwood residents might need a chance to rebuttal.

I dunno... I've biked in that area many times and I don't smell anything. Drive on Warner on the way to Costco and right near Jamboree you can get a whiff of garbagio.
Don't think I've ever smelled anything myself either. I used to rent in the older/lower part of PS. These days I often like cycling up and down Portola Pkwy since it connects to the mountains to sea trail and the back Bay. Only smells I can ever recall would've been along the San Diego Creek, as it runs through North Park, Columbus Grove, maybe sometimes near that water treatment plant near Michelson. Not sure if it's garbage or just standing water or something.

Now the smell of pollution up and down Sand Canyon or the Jamboree bike path on the other hand...

Last edited:
Back