Poll: Irvine Housing Prediction June 2024 to 2025

Where is Irvine housing headed from June 2024 to June 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
From the listing: "GOLF COURSE VIEWS LIKE NO OTHER!"

Yes indeed! And think of the cash flow opportunities from reselling golf balls that land in the back yard! Or maybe it's cash flow even after factoring in the cost of repairs due to golf balls hitting the house.
Probably an event not even covered by insurance.

1. more homes under construction

2. low percentage of them are actually completed

3. new months supply is up

4. units under construction dropping similar to prior recessions

Attachments

• IMG_1212.jpeg
    IMG_1212.jpeg
    447.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1213.jpeg
    IMG_1213.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1214.jpeg
    IMG_1214.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 11
1. more homes under construction

2. low percentage of them are actually completed

3. new months supply is up

4. units under construction dropping similar to prior recessions
The current trends in home construction are indeed telling. With more homes under construction but a lower percentage being completed, it’s clear that the market is experiencing some challenges. The rise in new months' supply and the drop in units under construction, similar to past recessions, could impact various aspects of the housing market. For those managing construction projects or needing related services, partnering with a reliable asphalt company can be crucial. Quality asphalt work can help ensure that the infrastructure of new homes meets long-term standards and remains resilient despite market fluctuations.

So someone here thru 2008-2010 told me Irvine only dipped 10-15% most.
Depends on the segment you were looking at. Low end condos and high end homes had greater dips, but middle tier highly sought after SFRs were lower.

I was shopping newer 3CWG homes from 2008 to 2012 and the range was 10%-20% with the nice ones at the lower end. I probably found a handful at 20% off but there was always something that stopped us (1 didn't have a driveway, the other did not have a downstairs bedroom, and yet another was too old and had a weird floor plan).

If memory serves, in the last down cycle the price on attached condos dropped up to ~40%, versus the smaller SFR's (detached condos?) in my area dropped up to ~30%. But I lived in Oak Park/Oak Creek and does not represent Irvine as a whole. I wouldn't classify 2 bed detached condos to be "highly desirable homes" either.

My 1 bed condo in Oak Park (plan 1) dropped from peak of $400k's to I think $240k ish at bottom. But that is a tri-level condo, and again, would not call it "highly desirable" to buyers looking for fewer stairs to climb.

If memory serves, in the last down cycle the price on attached condos dropped up to ~40%, versus the smaller SFR's (detached condos?) in my area dropped up to ~30%. But I lived in Oak Park/Oak Creek and does not represent Irvine as a whole. I wouldn't classify 2 bed detached condos to be "highly desirable homes" either.

My 1 bed condo in Oak Park (plan 1) dropped from peak of $400k's to I think $240k ish at bottom. But that is a tri-level condo, and again, would not call it "highly desirable" to buyers looking for fewer stairs to climb.

And now detach condo sells 1000 per sqft.

$50K price drop - knife catcher at this price. Pretty nice property and lot though. It will go lower.

It'll go a lot lower, it's only a 3-bedroom home and the market has slowed a lot for homes in OC outside of Irvine and the coastal areas.

Irvine prices dropped about 20-25% from the pre-Great Recession bubble levels to the double bottom in 2009 and 2011. Attached condos were down 25-30% while SFR homes were down 15-20%.

Back