Irvine to Santa Clarita - Looking for Insights

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program

Lanelgn

Considering a Move to Santa Clarita .......

In the past few months, several of my friends have either moved to or are planning to relocate to Santa Clarita. Naturally, it got me curious about what life is really like in the area.

For those of you who are familiar with Santa Clarita, I would love to hear more about your experiences. How would you describe the community and lifestyle there? Are there any hidden gems or challenges newcomers should know about?

Additionally, I'd like to learn more about the local economy:

• What is the job market like? Are there certain industries that are thriving, or ones to avoid?
  • How affordable is housing? Are there any tips for finding a good place to live, or neighborhoods that are more family-friendly?
  • What is the potential for future growth in the area? Is the city expanding, or do you see it maintaining its current size and pace?
Any insights, tips, or personal stories would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your help!

Considering a Move to Santa Clarita .......

In the past few months, several of my friends have either moved to or are planning to relocate to Santa Clarita. Naturally, it got me curious about what life is really like in the area.

For those of you who are familiar with Santa Clarita, I would love to hear more about your experiences. How would you describe the community and lifestyle there? Are there any hidden gems or challenges newcomers should know about?

Additionally, I'd like to learn more about the local economy:

• What is the job market like? Are there certain industries that are thriving, or ones to avoid?
  • How affordable is housing? Are there any tips for finding a good place to live, or neighborhoods that are more family-friendly?
  • What is the potential for future growth in the area? Is the city expanding, or do you see it maintaining its current size and pace?
Any insights, tips, or personal stories would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your help!
One thing I will say is to be prepared for the weather in the summer or during a heatwave. Just recently, it was like 115 out there during one of the heatwaves. Today it's over 100 degrees with humidity in the teens.

One thing I will say is to be prepared for the weather in the summer or during a heatwave. Just recently, it was like 115 out there during one of the heatwaves. Today it's over 100 degrees with humidity in the teens.
115?!?!?!??!?!That's dangerous! Will the school ban all outdoor activities at that time?

Article in the WSJ last week about a couple there trying to sell their home after insurance went up to $7K due to judged fire risk

A neighbor of mine in RSM had his insurance cancelled for the same reason. His new policy is a mix of CalFair Plan and private insurance overlays to cover any gaps..... All this for $7,000 as well! YOW

I read a Reddit post saying their insurance surged 40% this year to 8.5k
Their house is valued at 1.5-2M
Just a note, home value has absolutely nothing to do with insurance premium. It's the replacement costs that determine the premium. Basically, a 2600 sf home in Irvine would cost less than a 3300 sf home in Riverside, for example.

Before I moved to Irvine, the premium for my 3309 sf home in Eastvale was $800+, but when I bought the Bluffs 2 home (2606 sf), I paid less than $600 for it. And I'm paying $616 for my Cielo 1 home right now, which is 3225 sf. All with Mercury Insurance.

My advice is to work with an agency. They will find the best rates for you.

Just a note, home value has absolutely nothing to do with insurance premium. It's the replacement costs that determine the premium. Basically, a 2600 sf home in Irvine would cost less than a 3300 sf home in Riverside, for example.

Before I moved to Irvine, the premium for my 3309 sf home in Eastvale was $800+, but when I bought the Bluffs 2 home (2606 sf), I paid less than $600 for it. And I'm paying $616 for my Cielo 1 home right now, which is 3225 sf. All with Mercury Insurance.

My advice is to work with an agency. They will find the best rates for you.
Please pay attention to your dwelling cost. Mercury seems to underinsure properties. They keep the dwelling cost well under $1M. Any property with a dwelling cost over a million dollar require special approval by underwriting. At least have the 50% extra replacement cost instead of 25%. You need to have around $400+/sf to rebuild in Irvine based what I keep hearing. So that's about $1,290,000 for your home. If you have $850k dwelling value and 25% replacement cost, you're underinsured.

Please pay attention to your dwelling cost. Mercury seems to underinsure properties. They keep the dwelling cost well under $1M. Any property with a dwelling cost over a million dollar require special approval by underwriting. At least have the 50% extra replacement cost instead of 25%. You need to have around $400+/sf to rebuild in Irvine based what I keep hearing. So that's about $1,290,000 for your home. If you have $850k dwelling value and 25% replacement cost, you're underinsured.
I have two home one with Mercury another with StateFarm.
Both of them are around same size. The dwelling estimates are similar. The SF is 47% more, because it has a 700k personal property insurance. I have no idea why and my agent refused to help me to change it...

Back