Installing Solar

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
eyephone said:
@Penguin - I just read  that incentives for Caifornia will decline over the life of the Program. So if a person is on the fence weather to get it or not, they should do it sooner than later.

Oh yeah, most places are at the final stage Step 10. If you're in NorCal you're already out. It's at the last step so currently at .20/watt. This is the last step so the next one is just zero when they run out of funds.

You can see the current status here:http://www.csi-trigger.com/

About 30MW left out of 50MW for SCE Residential.

Looking at the SCE notes:http://www.csi-trigger.com/details.aspx?Administrator=SCE#Notes

It seems the burn-down from beginning of June to end of July (2mo period) is around 11MW. So if the rate continues probably looking at 4-6mo window for the credits to be completely used up.

You could also argue that it's peak season with Solar with people looking at their summer bills and rushing to get Solar and perhaps the frenzy will slow down later so may even have more time.

Of course you don't get the credits until your power system comes online so you need to factor in appropriate lead time as I've heard it can take several weeks (up to 5wks) to complete, get approval, and plug into the grid.

Still shopping around for quotes.

There's a SCE meet and greet with solar installers coming up in San Bernardino if you're willing to do the field trip.

Alternatively, I also heard there's some solar vendors at the fair which maybe worthwhile to check out too!

Best of luck and keep us posted on your findings!

No Quarter said:
I haven't looked into this yet.  Our home is only a year old and our electric bills are roughly $50 / month.

But I am interested in looking into thermal heat for the pool.  Do you have any information on which providers are better than others?

Only $50 bucks? my electric bill is almost $150 for this month!

jamboreedude said:
No Quarter said:
I haven't looked into this yet.  Our home is only a year old and our electric bills are roughly $50 / month.

But I am interested in looking into thermal heat for the pool.  Do you have any information on which providers are better than others?

Only $50 bucks? my electric bill is almost $150 for this month!

Maybe that person doesnt use the following: ac, dishwasher, tv
Or that person is always out

I have a little one so I have to keep my place cool at any cost.

Back