INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
On the upside the fixed mortgage from 2011 that was refi'd through 2019 is starting to look SOOOOOPER cheap. My payment + taxes + insurance + extra principal is less than what the renters next door signed up for 2 years ago, and our house is about 50% bigger. They do have a pool though, which I get to look almost as much as they do. :P

That’s here on the mainland, I said it was out at the island (Avalon). Took those pictures myself at the Vons, it’s real🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂👎🏽

Gubmint says so. Bidenonmics for the WIN!

and

Can’t spin this disaster….

Donald Trump (2017–2021)​

Average YOY Inflation Rate: 1.9%

The average yearly inflation rate under President Donald Trump was 1.9%. Inflation remained low during Trump’s presidency.

When the COVID-19 pandemic hit in 2020, bringing a brief but severe recession along with it, the Trump administration declared a state of emergency and passed stimulus measures such as the $2 trillion Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act in an attempt to provide relief to individuals and businesses.29 The economic policies followed by the Trump administration are now known as Trumponomics.

Joe Biden (2021–)​

Average YOY Inflation Rate: 5.7%*

The average yearly inflation rate under President Joe Biden so far is 5.7%. Biden signed the American Rescue Plan Act in 2021, a $1.9 trillion stimulus package to help the country recover from COVID-19. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic recovery and after the Russian invasion of Ukraine in 2022 caused gas prices to soar, inflation rose to record levels not seen since the 1980s.303132 Inflation peaked at 9.1% year-over-year in June 2022, the highest increase in 40 years.

A topic I hear coming up repeatedly in multiple social circles is something along the lines of "Can you believe how much it costs to feed a family at Chick-fil-a?" Or "So I went to McDonalds to buy happy meals for my kids and it was $30!". Perhaps people are finally noticing inflation in their daily lives.

Back