Coronavirus Recession

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
The only bad part is that the CEO wouldn't do it himself.  For such a small company, my goodness.  The rest of it, uh, we're all in a coronavirus lockdown.  How *should* it have gone down?  Spend 3 whole days calling each person individually?  You'll never get anyone after the 1st person to answer your call.

Wow, this is exactly the way it happened in my company a couple weeks back but on MS Teams instead of zoom. 

aquabliss said:
Wow, this is exactly the way it happened in my company a couple weeks back but on MS Teams instead of zoom. 

Wow, that is crazy...I couldn't image getting laidoff via a Zoom or MS Teams call but I guess that's where things are going as technology advances.

irvinehomeowner said:
Saw on TV that meat industry may be in trouble because so many line workers are sick... are we going to have a meat shortage and will ground beef be the new TP?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/26/business/meat-processing-plants-coronavirus/index.html

This is becoming a growing concern. With so many meat processing plants closed down, livestock suppliers are becoming overtaxed with animals, similar to the oil tankers off the coast, they are having issues "storing" their increasing livestock numbers.

Hopefully, meat processing will figure out protocols to re-open before this becomes a TP-shortage type situtation as some have already started like in this Tyson plant:

tysonfoodsshieldsCOVID-732x386.jpg

Watching video of some of the restaurants re-opening in other states and I noticed that one place is using those touchless thermometors on patrons before they can enter.

Only problem with that is you can be asymptomatic and still have the virus and be contagious. I think businesses have to operate under the premise that eveyone has it and take appropriate measures.

How do you do that safely for diners at a restaurant?

I watch Newsom?s update occasionally and I like how they are coming up with solutions that serves both sides of the equation.

Demand is down for agricultural industry so instead of wasting produce use that to resupply food banks and feed low income families. Use restaurants to deliver food to at risk seniors who should stay at home. Use empty hotels to house homeless and at risk people who can?t readily find their own shelters.

This all comes at a cost of course but these help all involved.

irvinehomeowner said:
I watch Newsom?s update occasionally and I like how they are coming up with solutions that serves both sides of the equation.

Demand is down for agricultural industry so instead of wasting produce use that to resupply food banks and feed low income families. Use restaurants to deliver food to at risk seniors who should stay at home. Use empty hotels to house homeless and at risk people who can?t readily find their own shelters.

This is where Trump really fails. He should use the federal government to take over testing/PPE but also food distribution. So much food is being thrown away by farmers and yet there are people lining up for food banks all over the country. It is a great start that he is using the DPA to make meat processing a national priority. How about activating state national guards to load up trucks with farm products for distribution?

iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:

This is where Trump really fails. He should use the federal government to take over testing/PPE but also food distribution. So much food is being thrown away by farmers and yet there are people lining up for food banks all over the country. It is a great start that he is using the DPA to make meat processing a national priority. How about activating state national guards to load up trucks with farm products for distribution?

Devil's advocate: Shouldn't food distribution be done at the state level? Much harder to implement this type of plan at the Fed level due to localization.

PPEs, on the other hand, could be done federally.

irvinehomeowner said:
iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Devil's advocate: Shouldn't food distribution be done at the state level? Much harder to implement this type of plan at the Fed level due to localization.

PPEs, on the other hand, could be done federally.

I really don't care if it is the state or federal government but the private sector is failing to address this issue. Religious groups and non profits are helping but government has a role to play here.

In his daily update on the novel coronavirus pandemic, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced a three-part plan to distribute food to Californians in need.

First, the state has created a partnership with 128 farmers and ranchers to distribute fresh produce, dairy and meat to food banks around the state. Newsom said the goal is to distribute 21 million pounds of fresh food on a monthly basis.

He said the "food boxes" would contain three to four days worth of food for a family of four. They contain fresh, locally sourced food (not just canned goods), some of which may have otherwise gone to waste.
https://abc7news.com/california-ebt-amazon-walmart-food-stamps/6137494/

Newsom taking action

Perhaps he will redesignate that 75 million he pegged for illegals for programs that benefit the taxpayers of his state. That?s the kind of action he should be taking. The guy is a fucking joke. Just as bad as trump

qwerty said:
Perhaps he will redesignate that 75 million he pegged for illegals for programs that benefit the taxpayers of his state. That?s the kind of action he should be taking. The guy is a fucking joke. Just as bad as trump

I guess you rather throw away food then having people eat it
Most of the illegals are Mexicans. (Maybe you should help them out or something)

#gibebacktoyourcommunity

eyephone said:
qwerty said:

Most of the illegals are Mexicans. (Maybe you should help them out or something)

#gibebacktoyourcommunity

I care about animals. People can take care of themselves

qwerty said:
eyephone said:
qwerty said:

#gibebacktoyourcommunity

I care about animals. People can take care of themselves

You previously talked about people starving. But now you care about animals?

#tacotaco

eyephone said:
qwerty said:
it?s ok eyephone, you don?t to get mad.  I still love you.

Keep it coming! You are bringing a little bit of joy to my morning. Our resident self proclaimed genius is a little butt hurt. It?s ok, I am not mad at you either.

Sorry I am not mad. You are just soft and fake. (Like charman)
Your statements are all over the place.

qwerty said:
eyephone said:
qwerty said:
it?s ok eyephone, you don?t to get mad.  I still love you.

Keep it coming! You are bringing a little bit of joy to my morning. Our resident self proclaimed genius is a little butt hurt. It?s ok, I am not mad at you either.

Sorry I am not mad. You are just soft and fake. (Like charman)
Your statements are all over the place.

No one is mad. You make statements that do not make sense.
You make a comment and I have a rebuttal. Your response don?t get mad.

#querotacobell

Back