Can anybody recommend a good asian salon for haircut?

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
I go to Hair Days in the Cypress Village shopping center.  Melody or Lucy will take care of you.  Not really cheap at 20.00 for a guy's cut, but it's hard to find a good hair cut.

At $7 a pop... you can't beat it... and if you don't like it... it grows out anyways.

I would cut my own hair since it's such a simple cut but I'm afraid I'll put bald spots in the back... I need a Flowbee/Suckcut.

$8 for me for my 0 buzz..  I still prefer my old barber but at $17 a pop Bell Tower will do.  Convenient too compared to my old barber who gets booked up fast.  One minor quibble.. Don't sit in the chairs near the front, the SFII and Robocop arcade drives me bonkers... And also avoid the older and younger asian(viet?) women on weekends, they're "scared" to cut hair.

The twin owners are the best (in my opinion)... Mike or Gene.

Their sister is also good (forgot her name... very long hair... Mary?).

I usually have to wait for Mike or Gene so lately I've been going to the young short Vietnamese guy on the right hand side.

I prefer the viet guy across from one of the twins in the back, on the same side as their sister (confused?).  Saw their sister cut black hair, pretty impressive.

I think we all have the same haircut... just differs in length... and of course you young guys have more hair and less grays.

I dare you to ask for a mohawk.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think we all have the same haircut... just differs in length... and of course you young guys have more hair and less grays.

I dare you to ask for a mohawk.

I want to see my analyst take me serious with a mohawk.

i did a semi mohawk (1 on the sides0 for 80s party 2 days before going on a 14 day biz trip.  quickly buzzed it all down to 1 before i left :)  wish i had the guts to keep it

but just this last month, bic'd my head.  felt so free and liberated to not have to worry about my hair!

I should be the last person on Earth to recommend a good barber for Asian hair, right?! But I'll always remember this thread from a year ago because a good barber is hard to find, period. That, I do know because I am responsible for keeping 2 boys looking sharp at all times. We've had our fair share of experiences with that -- the good, the bad, and the ugly! I sympathize greatly with anyone who has struggled like I have to find a good "barber".

I am happy, happy, happy! I found an awesome guy, finally!! He also happens to be Vietnamese and it also happens to be a Vietnamese owned salon I go to. That is why I'm posting here. If anybody can do a guy's cut, this guy can. I would totally trust him with Asian hair. This guy is really skilled, in my experience of searching for a good reliable person to do men's cuts for the last 10 years!! He also happens to have the most awesomest hair cut and style ever. I actually have a picture of him here: http://jonpaulosalon.com/staff/calvin-t/39642/  :)

His English name is "Calvin". He's at Jon Paulo Salon in Foothill Ranch one exit past Lambert Ranch off the 241. Some of their clients drive from H.B. and all over O.C. They say it's $35 for a men's cut (I think I pay $15 for kids) but they usually give a discount either on paper or run a promotion or will just give one when you get to the register. Not always but usually. (There is like no rhyme or reason, really.) I don't fricking care at this point. Charge me whatever you want. He's worth it and so is not walking out looking like Jim Carrey in Dumb & Dumber. He literally does the best job I've ever seen on my boys' hair!

I hope this helps someone save some time and money.

Oh and he works Th, F, Sat. I think he has also started picking up some Wednesdays but not positive on that.

@SoCal:

You should take the kids to Bell Tower Barber... it's near you and for $7, if you don't like it, it will grow back and would have only cost you half.

$35 for a men's hair cut? 

I can go to Westminster, get a hair cut for $7, drop by Brodard and pick up a a pack or two of their Nem Nuong Cuon, walk over to 7 Leaves and get a mung bean milk tea and their special coffee, pay for some gas and get home!

H        O        M        E        R said:
$35 for a men's hair cut? 

I can go to Westminster, get a hair cut for $7, drop by Brodard and pick up a a pack or two of their Nem Nuong Cuon, walk over to 7 Leaves and get a mung bean milk tea and their special coffee, pay for some gas and get home!

Hey, $35 would merely be peanuts for a man who dresses his lead foot in $600 shoes.

There are some things you can skimp on but a nice pair of wing tips isn't one!!...  :P

If you can guess the cheapy shoes I'm wearing in my avatar, you get a prize  :D

H        O        M        E        R said:
There are some things you can skimp on but a nice pair of wing tips isn't one!!...  :P

If you can guess the cheapy shoes I'm wearing in my avatar, you get a prize  :D

Skechers?

Back