A Story of a Real Estate Buy in Today's Environment (or Mazzy's Revenge Part II)

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
I'm sure those waivers don't mean anything. America is so litigious that builders try to put everything into their contracts. Saying that though, I wonder how much that waiver drops property values. There must have been a break even analysis done on expectation of lawsuit costs vs. estimated loss of value due to waiver.

Pulling this out of my ass, I think the waiver drives down realestate prices by $75,000 relative to other Irvine SFH.

[quote author="zubs" date=1251512159]I'm sure those waivers don't mean anything. America is so litigious that builders try to put everything into their contracts. Saying that though, I wonder how much that waiver drops property values. There must have been a break even analysis done on expectation of lawsuit costs vs. estimated loss of value due to waiver.

Pulling this out of my ass, I think the waiver drives down realestate prices by $75,000 relative to other Irvine SFH.</blockquote>
There were no waivers or disclosures that the OP and his fiance had to sign to purchase the home. I do believe that there was one or two fruit trees planted in the backyard. The worst problem with the house were a bunch of spiders hanging out on the small trees and bushes. I think the OP nuked most of them with his chemical warfare. haha

Orgo, the flooring, paint job, baseboards, and carpet look great. You'll have to post up some pictures for everyone to see. After you guys get married and settled in, I'm looking forward to that housewarming party (even if you guys do decide to have some Bruin alums over). haha

Back