Single family home vs detached condo

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program

Matchalove

Does anyone know the difference between single family home versus detached condo ? Does this impact resale ? Thank you .

Seriously? You don’t own the land in a condo. The Irvine detached condo is the greatest scam ever for builders. While they have appreciated the Irvine bubble has been a function of inorganic demand and those properties will suffer if/when inventory/demand trends reverse.

I thought it was just driveway.
I believe there are a lot of SFH after 2020, Eastwood, Orchard Hills and Portola Springs.

For detached condo, you own an interest of the land. For example, 4 condo units share a driveway, so the driveway land belongs to HOA, the rest is shared between the owners of the 4 units.

For detached condo, you own an interest of the land. For example, 4 condo units share a driveway, so the driveway land belongs to HOA, the rest is shared between the owners of the 4 units.

Not necessarily true, in some detached condo tracts you own your own lot while in other you own a % of the entire area. If you see actually square footage for the lot on a detached condo listing then you own the lot. Having a driveway or not has nothing to do either a home is a detached condo or a single family home.

This home looks like a typical Detached Condo to me. But it is being listed as SFH. The garage is in the back with NO driveway. Did I miss something here? It can be seen as Detached Condo owning your own lot, but SFH?

Back