Legoland vs Sesame Place

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program

momopi

Currently both Legoland and Sesame Place in SD are running discounts. I took my daughter there this week.

Legoland's water park runs May 25-Aug 25, afterwards it's only open on "select days". It was closed when we were there but that was fine, because Legoland had plenty of rides and attractions. With a 4 year old, I think we only really explored 1/3 of the park and the rides. Except for the closed water park, the rest of Legoland appears fully staffed with most rides and concessions open. There were a few closures (ramen restaurant) but not overly noticeable. This theme park, I think, is designed to make $$$$ from parents who stay at their $$$$ Legoland Hotel. But I'd give this place a thumbs up to visit.

Sesame Place, on the other hand, is smaller and mostly a waterpark with only handful of non-water play rides. It was shut down for 2 days mid week due to low expected attendance. Being off-season it had far fewer visitors and about 1/3 of the attractions & concessions were closed. I feel like this theme park is trying really hard to cater to Hispanic customers. Regardless, I'd suggest coming here during summer season only, unless if you prefer low attendance water park experience where nobody is fighting over the beach chairs.

legoland is the best for smaller kids. free parking included for the higher annual passes, discounted food which is decent, and small crowds and short lines most of the time.

I ended up buying the Knotts Berry Farm 2025 season pass that was on sale. IMO Legoland has more stuff for younger kids, but my daughter's school is like 10 mins away from Knotts.

Knotts Camp Snoopy is geared for young kinds, but it's a smaller part of the park. Food options inside Knotts is slightly better than Legoland, but the chicken restaurant is not part of the meal pass. Buena Park has more restaurants that open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner, versus Carlsbad has more unique restaurants but many are only open for dinners and closed part of the week.

Side note, the Oyster farm in Carlsbad is closed. :(

Last edited:
Back