iPhone 16

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program

irvinehomeowner

I was a bit underwhelmed by the Apple event yesterday.

Probably because I was expecting a new iPad and iPad Mini. Also they usually wait 2 years to add any significant feature to iPhones but I guess I can wait another year to upgrade.

Tech is running into a wall here. There may not be much more that a phone can do at this present time. I can't think of a "must have feature" compelling enough to upgrade yet.

Tech is running into a wall here. There may not be much more that a phone can do at this present time. I can't think of a "must have feature" compelling enough to upgrade yet.
Agreed... I think they are trying to justify costs... a new iPhone cost more than a new loaded laptop.

I think the next step for Apple is foldable phones like the Android ones... Android always leads in tech (they were first with the big phones).

Hardware wise it is getting peaked with the current formfacor but there is still some potential to improve software if they can nail down AI.

I still believe the next formfactor is smart glasses with mixed reality if they make it light enough and last all day.

I have the iPhone 14 Pro and don’t really see a compelling case to upgrade. My wife has a 14 pro max and wants to upgrade since it has a bigger screen. We have Att and are getting credits over 3 years to offset the interest free payment plan. So on my wife’s phone we owe $500 and would give up credits of about $350 as we would have to pay off the $500.

It also may be prudent to wait a couple of months as the trade in offers seem to get better every month that passes.

My wife and I both have the iPhone X, so we'll be upgrading this year. We'll be both getting the iPhone 16 Pro Max since we both need the big screen. Our old eyes are going bad. Can't read the screen without putting the phone far enough away.

We won't be trading in. My wife's phone is about to fall apart and we'll be keeping my phone to use when we go vacationing abroad.

Back