Handyman recommendation - Juan from Honey Homes

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program

zovall

Thought I'd share some positive feedback for a handyman I used recently. His name is Juan and the service I used is called Honey Homes (https://www.honeyhomes.com/). The idea is that you have a designated handyman who dedicates 3.5 hours of time every month to taking care of all kinds of issues. The cost is $395/month or $3950/year. Yeah, it is a lot but every time I call a random electrician or plumber to do something simple, I end up spending a ton and they only fix the one issue I called them about (if they even fix it at all).

We did the free trial this month and Juan showed up early, we went through a bunch of items on our list, and he knocked out several of the most important ones for us. For us, he adjusted several doors so that they would open/close and seal properly. He also replaced our doorbell chime, replaced lightbulbs in an outdoor fixture, fixed a slow filling toilet, and boarded up a part of our outdoor bbq.

For us, it doesn't make sense to pay him for things I can easily do myself (replace air filters, indoor lightbulbs, etc) but we've got so many other things that just haven't been getting done. Also, it makes sense to have the right parts ready so he can get straight to the work (I had the lightbulbs and doorbell chime ready to go). They do buy parts as needed between services.

If you want to try it out, use my referral link and you’ll get a free trial month which includes 3.5 hours of service (they said I can gift 5 of them, first come first served):
https://honeyh.co/omkarn

Last edited:
I don't think so - other than paying $395 for one month of service and then cancelling (there is no commitment required). This company, Honey Homes, is introducing this as a subscription plan. They started in the Bay Area and just now expanded to LA/OC it seems. As with all subscriptions, need to figure out if it is really makes sense or not to keep it going.

The per month is steep because most of the stuff should get knocked out initially.

Seems you're better off with a home warranty that is $500-600 annually and only has per visit fees when something needs attention.

But it does look like Honey will do more stuff than what is covered in home warranties.

I got their ads in mail too. 395 is really steep - I can fix most things in the house myself at this point, recently started getting into plumbing.

Back