College Grad Ceremonies

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program

socal78

Hey, guys. Has anyone here attended a commencement ceremony at a university in the area within the past few years? I'm trying to find out what to expect. My son is graduating with his bachelor's degree this spring. Do college ceremonies have guests in the stands with Big Heads or Fan Faces? That is definitely a vibe at high school ceremonies. Hootin' and hollerin' is what you will see for high school. Are college graduation ceremonies more reserved or more "dignified" than that? I've read online that some grandparents are disappointed to discover the college ceremonies are not as formal as they remember them being... people dress more casually. I've been watching YouTube videos to get an idea but you can never really see the guests -- just the grads. So let me know what it was like if you have attended one. I was totally the mom with the Big Head and Fan Faces for my kids in high school but I want to look appropriate for the college ceremony. In case the mood depends on the cultures associated with the majors -- Computer Science. (The university splits up the ceremonies by department.) Thanks.

Congrats. I think it's more casual but not the same vibe as high school. Just do what you want... one of the perks of being a parent is to celebrate and embarrass our kids at the same time. :)

Back