Who is excited...

thanks, let my wife know.. i guess mondays and tuesdays are covered with bachelor and housewives... and of course wednesdays are modern family nights

There's going to be a new housewife from Newport right? My wife loves those reality wife shows on Bravo..  ???

Sorry. I get hives watching that show, just like when "Hoarders" or "Toddlers and Tiara's" are on.

Now, season 3 of "The Walking Dead" is another story.... Can't wait till Sunday.

The season finale of Walking Dead was awesome... that last scene really made the prior episodes all that more powerful.

They didn't do that in the comic book so it was totally unexpected and a perfect setup/twist.

IndieDev said:
My wife, who loves Tamra.

I love Tamra too! She's my favorite.

Yeah, there is going to be new housewife from Newport. Her name is Heather. I know someone who knows her and says she's pretty nice. We'll see how she acts on the show, though. Nice isn't a word you often hear describing a real housewife!

Who is your least favorite housewife (based on portrayal through the show, of course.)

Mine is Vickie. I had a problem with her when she demanded Tamara put their friendship ahead of Tamara's relationship with her husband. Who does that? If a friend of mine had a husband who was rude to me (rightly or wrongly), I would never insist she tell him to go fly a kite or be offended if she didn't rock the apple cart by defending me. A marriage should come before a friendship, period. I don't like how these girls don't seem to value their husbands. Just look at poor Don. He seemed like such a sweet guy but Vickie couldn't be bothered with him. :(

SoCal78 said:
Who is your least favorite housewife (based on portrayal through the show, of course.)

Mine is Vickie. I had a problem with her when she demanded Tamara put their friendship ahead of Tamara's relationship with her husband. Who does that? If a friend of mine had a husband who was rude to me (rightly or wrongly), I would never insist she tell him to go fly a kite or be offended if she didn't rock the apple cart by defending me. A marriage should come before a friendship, period. I don't like how these girls don't seem to value their husbands. Just look at poor Don. He seemed like such a sweet guy but Vickie couldn't be bothered with him. :(

my least favorite is vickie as well. never liked how she treated Don. my favorite is Alexis - very very attractive.

I respect Alexis for trying to be a good wife which is more than most of them can say. Yes, poor Don. He's been there all those years raising Vickie's two kids as his own and by her own admission, doing a very good fatherly job of it. Then, that's the thanks he gets from her. No love. How can she do that to a man who stood by her all those years, baggage and all, and took a back seat as she grew her business. That kind of guy is a rare gem. Imo, the prettiest is Gretchen... she also seems like a nice, genuine person.

I don't watch those Housewives reality show. I found TI just as fullfilling by witnessing those keeping up with the Joneses and stretched beyond their means chasing after a lifestyle they can't really sustain for the long term.

irvinehomeshopper said:
I don't watch those Housewives reality show.

Oh, yes you do! Traceimage, CZ, myself... we're all real housewives in O.C. Congratulations. You are addicted to the internet drama series. Gotchya! We may not be as fabulous as them, but we're probably as real as it gets.  :p Other than that, this website is just one big Boys' Club.

SoCal78 said:
Imo, the prettiest is Gretchen... she also seems like a nice, genuine person.

i think Gretchen is prettier, but Alexis is hotter (is that word?). Kind of like a pretty/cute vs hot/sexy. Either one, cant go wrong.

SoCal78 said:

I dislike both Gretchen and Alexis. I think Alexis is probably my least favorite.

irvinehomeshopper said:
I don't watch those Housewives reality show. I found TI just as fullfilling by witnessing those keeping up with the Joneses and stretched beyond their means chasing after a lifestyle they can't really sustain for the long term.

Is there anyone on TI who is doing this right now? Chasing an Irvine lifestyle they can't afford? I know you like to make fun of people like this, but I can't think of anyone.

I'm chasing an Irvine home I can afford... there just aren't any out there that we like.

The ones we do like... we don't want to "stretch beyond our means"... so we keep looking.

Hard to call any of these high maintainance people "housewives". It's like owning a vintage jaguar and calling it your daily driver. Sure, they look great, but the cost of oils, repairs, and body work make it hard to justify the expense.

Then again, a show called "The Real Hausfraus of Woodbridge" wouldn't attract too many viewers.

My .02c

Back