ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Fisker probably dead... Magna not going to make their Ocean anymore:

Electrify America doing almost double their output last year:

Despite the "slowdown"... EVs are still the best vehicles for me.
Lucid is toast too….bleeding out…told ya…More will follow into the fire…

LCID Earnings: Lucid Plummets after Disappointing Q1 Results

Shares of Lucid (NASDAQ:LCID) plummeted in after-hours trading after the EV company reported earnings for its first quarter of Fiscal Year 2024. Earnings per share came in at -$0.30, which missed analysts’ consensus estimate of -$0.25 per share. Sales increased by 15.6% year-over-year, with revenue hitting $172.74 million. This also missed analysts’ expectations by $9.7 million.

As a result, Lucid felt the need to raise an additional $1 billion during the first quarter through a private placement with an affiliate of the Public Investment Fund.

https://www.tipranks.com/news/lcid-earnings-lucid-falls-amid-disappointing-q1-results

The EV Jenga game is similar to this one…Best Companies (Tesla maybe Rivian) that exist because of Government support (like rating agencies for CMO’s) will fall with the collapse of the weaker players (LCID, NKLA, FSKR)…🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

Last edited:
Not sure how you think Tesla and Rivian will fall when others fail... but it's not like you have the best logic.

Lucid not looking good and although Rivian has money until 2025... going to need more than the Illinois incentives and a possible partnership with Apple to make it to the 2026 R2 model.

I still think Tesla and Rivian will continue... just not sure about the also-rans (as I have always contended).

Not sure how you think Tesla and Rivian will fall when others fail... but it's not like you have the best logic.

Lucid not looking good and although Rivian has money until 2025... going to need more than the Illinois incentives and a possible partnership with Apple to make it to the 2026 R2 model.

I still think Tesla and Rivian will continue... just not sure about the also-rans (as I have always contended).
They already are falling with the rest. When the mortgage market collapsed, it didn’t take all of them, some of them are still here today. Same with .com….This will be no different.😂😂🦄🌈

Yahhh they are so great…makes you want one sooooo bad...🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

Rivian R1T Damage Repairs Cost More Than A Brand-New Car​

The Rivian R1T Truck isn't an affordable vehicle, but as it turns out, the repair costs owners have to face when they get their electric pickup damaged are equally expensive. In a post on Reddit by one user tortito, a damaged R1T underwent repairs via a Rivian-certified shop, only to be met by a bill that costs as much as $21,149.16. That amount of money is enough to buy the owner a brand new, top-spec Nissan Versa SR (with some change) and nearly a quarter of a specced-out R1T's price tag (before Earth Day discounts).

Walmart and possibly Costco going EV:

EVs still coming... tick tock.
I didn’t read the story but I have a friend who is a GM of a region of a national distributor and he fought as much as he could to avoid getting electric delivery trucks. The economics made no sense but they were forced on him by corporate for ESG related reasons. Many public companies do token things so they can toot their horn in their ESG report. I’m not saying that is the case here since I didn’t read the story.

I didn’t read the story but I have a friend who is a GM of a region of a national distributor and he fought as much as he could to avoid getting electric delivery trucks. The economics made no sense but they were forced on him by corporate for ESG related reasons. Many public companies do token things so they can toot their horn in their ESG report. I’m not saying that is the case here since I didn’t read the story.
Probably is.

We are not going to shift to EVs overnight but 5-10 years from now will look different.

Good friend is pretty high up in the harbor. Other higher ups wanted to virtue signal so they started this massive electrification of the Harbor program. They spent millions on electric vehicles to move cargo around the harbor and had a big giant ceremony where they invited all the press to pat themselves on the back (I went)…95% of those trucks are all sitting motionless, they don’t work, but they don’t want to admit it.🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

Last edited:
Back